Frame the Bridge Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS (SUMMARY)
To be included, your photo must meet the following requirements:
1. If using a photo from your computer, your photo must be a
.JPEG, .PNG, or .GIF format – max file size is 6MB, minimum image size is 240x240
2. There should be no borders around your photo.
3. Your photo may not contain overlay text, defamatory words or statements.
4. Your photo may not contain any content which infringes any third party copyright and may not solely contain logos or emblems.
5. Your photo must not, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, contain any content that is, unsafe, indecent (including but not limited to nudity or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, defamatory, threatening or otherwise inappropriate.
NB Pixelated/altered elements are not permitted.
6. Your photo must not contain material that is in any way unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable Scottish laws and regulations.
7. Every person or organisation featured in your photo must consent to inclusion in the photograph or, if the person is under the age of 16, have consent from a legal guardian.
By submitting an image to the Promotion, you hereby grant to Scottish Ministers a worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use the image on any media.
Do not trespass on the construction site - Photographs submitted from members of the public which appear to have been taken from within the construction site, or feature or even imply and unsafe behaviour, will not be uploaded to the mosaic.
There are viewing platforms near the project’s Contact & Education Centre (south) and near The Queensferry Hotel (north) which provide excellent views of the Queensferry Crossing under construction. The Forth Road Bridge walkway provides another excellent vantage point.
Further information on visiting the area can be found here.
TERMS & CONDITIONS (FULL)
1. Sponsor: Frame the Bridge (The Promotion) has been organised by Scottish Ministers acting through Transport Scotland an agency of the Scottish Government (“The Sponsor”) (FRC Employer's Delivery Team, Main Project office, King Malcolm Drive, Rosyth, KY11 2DY) and The Sponsor’s Administrator The BIG Partnership (Largo House, Carnegie Avenue, Dunfermline, KY11 8PE).
2. Timing: Frame the Bridge begins at 08:00 hours on March 19 2015 and ends on December 31 2016.
3. Eligibility: Open to all ages.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to The Sponsor and not to Facebook.
Any personal data that you submit to Transport Scotland for the purposes of the Promotion will be collected, stored and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, all other applicable data protection legislation, and these Terms and Conditions.
Your personal details will not be disclosed to any third party, other than where stated in these Terms and Conditions.
The email information you provide will only be used to alert you that your photograph has been received and posted (if this is the case following moderation). You must opt-in to receive these notifications.
By submitting a photo (“the Submission”), you agree that, at The Sponsor’s sole discretion:
- your photo may appear in a public gallery mosaic found at www.framethebridge.co.uk
- your name (or names of those in the photo) may be published alongside it wherever used.
- your photo will be searchable online based on the details you supply so that you/your friends may find where your photo appears.
You also acknowledge and agree that The Sponsor may use the Submission (or portions of the Submission) in any other way they see fit, including but not limited to posting on the Sponsor's other websites, other affiliated sites, the Sponsor's social media sites and in subsequent printed material or promotions.
None of the material that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on the part of Sponsor and its third-party service providers and agents or their respective directors, officers and employees.
5. How to Submit a Photo
Submissions can be made via the photo upload interface at www.framethebridge.co.uk
PHOTO & SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Limited to 30 photos uploaded per person during the 22 month promotional period.
- The photo background must show some part of the Queensferry Crossing, Fife, Scotland under construction or completed.
- The photo must be your own original work. By submitting a photo you confirm that the photo was taken by you.
- If using a photo from your computer, your photo must be a .JPEG, .PNG, or .GIF format – max file size is 6MB, minimum image size is 240x240 pixels. NB The user must use supplied adjustment tool to ensure the image meets size and aspect requirements.
- There should be no borders around your photo.
- Your photo may not contain overlay text, defamatory words or statements.
- Your photo must not contain content which infringes any third party's copyright or any other applicable personal or proprietary rights.
- Photos should not feature advertising or trademarks which would otherwise require The Sponsor to obtain permission.
- Your photo must not, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, contain any content that is, indecent (including but not limited to nudity or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, defamatory, threatening or otherwise inappropriate.
- Your photo must not contain material that is in any way unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable Scottish, UK or international laws and regulations.
- Photos which appear to show dangerous or potentially unsafe behaviour by the subject or the photographer or both will not be published.
- Every person or organisation featured in your photo must consent to inclusion in the photograph or, if the person is under the age of 16, have consent from a legal guardian.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all necessary permissions and consents are obtained from or in respect of any person featured in the Submission.
- The Submission must not contain content or materials in which you impersonate another person or entity or misrepresent your identity of affiliation with any person.
- All material submitted becomes property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online/mobile service may apply.
- All photos will be reviewed and approved for compliance with these Terms & Conditions by the Sponsor or the Sponsor’s Administrator.
6. General Rules: By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s Administrator.
The Sponsor’s decisions including (without limitation) the selection of photographs to be published and rejection of those which, in its sole discretion, do not meet the Terms & Conditions are final.
The Sponsor reserves the right to make any changes with respect to this promotion at any time whatsoever, at its sole discretion.
The Sponsor is entitled to assume, without any further enquiry, that a Submission has been made by the authorised account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Submission. "Authorised account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organisation (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion.
No liability or responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor resulting from your participation in or attempt to participate in the Promotion or your ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Promotion: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; traffic congestion on the Internet; unauthorised human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorised tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an e-mail account used in connection with the Promotion.
The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
In the event that any provision of the Terms & Conditions are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, the provision is to be severed from the remaining provisions which continue in full force and effect.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the Terms & Conditions, the Terms & Conditions shall prevail.
7. Release and Grant of Rights:
By entering into this Promotion, you agree to wholly and freely grant any and all rights to the image you submit and any and all intellectual property therein to the Sponsor.
Each participant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicensable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, display, and perform its Submission, in whole or in part, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). Without limitation of the foregoing, submission of any Submission constitutes your agreement that the Sponsor and any sub-licensee(s) are permitted (but are not obligated) to display the Submission online for public viewing and/or comment (whether on the Sponsor’s web pages or on third party web pages), to incorporate the Submission in online and offline promotional advertising, marketing, and/or other commercial materials, and to reproduce, adapt and distribute the Submission in all media whether now known or later developed.
You (and the parents or legal guardians of participating individuals under 16) agree to, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates wherever situated against any and all claims, losses, penalties, causes of action, damages, liability, costs, expenses (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees) or claims caused by or resulting indirectly from your participation, without limitation or exception, including your violation of any third-party's rights, (including, without limitation, infringement of any copyright trademark, service mark, trade secrets, right of privacy or publicity or any other third party right).
You acknowledge that you may not terminate or rescind the grants of rights and licenses and/or the releases contained herein. In submitting you irrevocably grant permission to the Sponsor and their agencies to use your photo, name, likeness, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes as well as in, or in connection with the Site or the Promotion, without further compensation to participant or group, unless prohibited by law.
8. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Any dispute or claim arising out of these Terms and Conditions or its subject matter shall be governed by Scots Law and the courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any such dispute or claim.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Sponsor excludes and shall have no liability to any person in connection with or arising out of the Promotion howsoever caused, including any costs, expenses, damages or other liabilities, provided that nothing herein operates so as to limit or exclude the Sponsor’s liability for personal injury or death caused by the Sponsor’s negligence.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or administration of the promotion.
For feedback or advice about the Promotion, please email: [email protected]
For any other correspondence relating to the Queensferry Crossing ‘Frame the Bridge’ promotion, please contact:
The BIG Partnership (the Sponsor’s Administrator) on 01383 626510 .
This service is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (UK standard time).
Calls will be charged at standard rates. Additional charges from your network provider may apply.
The Sponsor reserves the right to remove a previously published photograph if it is subsequently identified as not meeting the Terms & Conditions or is subject of a complaint.
The Sponsor does not guarantee that participant will have any recourse through the Sponsor to edit or delete any Submission made by the participant.
Thank you for participating in ‘Frame the Bridge’